Eleven coal miners were shot dead in the Mach district of Balochistan after being abducted.

Views: 38
0 0
Read Time:3 Minute, 53 Second

On Sunday, at least 11 coal miners were killed in the Mach district of Balochistan after being abducted by armed insurgents and taken to a nearby area before opening fire at close range.

Police officials said the miners were on the way to work when they were abducted and taken to the surrounding mountains by armed rebels. Moazzam Ali Jatoi, a Levy Force officer, said six of the miners were killed on the spot, and five were killed on the way to the hospital.

The attackers described the miners as being from the Shia Hazara group and the gunmen took them away for execution, leaving others unharmed, Jatoi said an initial investigation showed.

miners

Reuters stated that via its Amaq news agency, through its Telegram communications system, the militant Islamic State (IS) group later asserted responsibility for the attack. Dawn couldn’t test the point independently.

In both Pakistan and Afghanistan, Hazaras have been regularly attacked by Taliban and IS insurgents and other insurgent organisations. The attacks in Afghanistan were believed to be by an IS associate.

No case has so far been reported, according to Quetta Deputy Commissioner Murad Kaas.

Following the incident, a heavy contingent of officers, Frontier Corps, and district administration officials entered the scene.

After the attack, the Western Bypass was blocked by members of the Hazara group in Quetta and the tyres were set on fire to protest against the killings.

“yet another cowardly inhumane act of terrorism”another cowardly barbaric terrorist act.

Though condemning the killings, Interior Minister Sheikh Rashid Ahmed directed the Balochistan Police Inspector General to send a report on the incident.

“Terrorists will not succeed in their nefarious objectives. Elements involved in the incident are not deserving of any laxity,” he said.

“condemnable and saddening”condemnable and saddening. Foreign enemies, he added, are constantly trying to destabilize Pakistan.

Human Rights Minister Shireen Mazari said: “Indian funded terrorists in Balochistan getting [are] more desperate as development comes to province”

She tweeted, ‘Socio[economic] mobilization & Insaf for the Baloch is how we can beat the terrorists.

Jam Kamal Khan Alyani, Chief Minister of Balochistan, has “strongly condemned the tragic incident”

The incident was labeled the “the worst form of terrorism” by PPP Chairman Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari.

In a statement, Bilawal called on the government to take steps to provide miners employed in the coalfields with security.

The president of the PPP also demanded that the federal and provincial governments give “compensation to the families of the miners and ensure that such incidents do not occur again”

Miners Terrorism surge

Liaquat Shahwani, spokesman for the Balochistan government, said that security forces had surrounded the town and begun an investigation. [We] will put to justice the terrorists,”[We] will bring the terrorists to justice,”

Later in the day, Shahwani said the current government had strengthened the condition of law and order and restored stability in the province, resulting in a 75% reduction in terrorist incidents in 2020 compared to 2018.

He said that the government and the people of Balochistan were feeling the grief of the deceased miners’ relatives.

Shahwani urged the families of the workers who protest in the region to have confidence in the authorities, saying that the incident investigation was underway and the perpetrators would be taken to the book.

We will not allow the lights we have preserved to be converted at any cost into darkness,”We won’t allow the lights that we have restored to be turned into darkness at any cost,”wave of terrorism”wave of terrorism” He vowed that the government would ensure the security of the deceased miners’ families.

Province of Restive

In restive Balochistan, there has been an increase in crime, with many reports of terrorism recorded last year.
“On October 16, in a “encounter” with a “huge number of terrorists,” seven Frontier Corps (FC) Balochistan soldiers and seven security guards were martyred while escorting a convoy of the state-run Oil & Gas Production Company Ltd (OGDCL) on the Makran Coastal Highway in Ormara.

When it came under attack, the convoy was on its way to Karachi from Gwadar.
In April 2019, after being selected with the aid of their computerized national identification cards (CNICs) and discharged from seven buses in the Buzi Pass region near Ormara, at least 14 people, including 11 Navy, Air Force and Coast Guards staff, were killed by gunmen.

The incident happened on the Makran Coastal Highway between Karachi and the port city of Gwadar. The buses were moving from Karachi to Gwadar.

The Balochistan Liberation Front, the Balochistan Republican Army and the Baloch Republican Guard, a coalition of three outlawed insurgent groups, assumed responsibility for the killings.

Happy
Happy
0 %
Sad
Sad
0 %
Excited
Excited
0 %
Sleppy
Sleppy
0 %
Angry
Angry
0 %
Surprise
Surprise
0 %

Average Rating

5 Star
0%
4 Star
0%
3 Star
0%
2 Star
0%
1 Star
0%

Leave a Comment